Want to know the easiest way to make sure you’re getting the most out of your wigs? Always take the time to properly clean, condition, and store it when you’re not wearing it. In fact, wigs that haven’t been stored properly are more likely to become dull, tangled, and dry. For this reason, you should know how to store your wigs.
Both men and women wear wigs for many different reasons. From changing up their appearance to an alternative to cutting their hair. Regardless the reasons, wigs allow you to have a different hair without changing your natural hair.
In addition to the wide range of prices, wigs come in all kinds of styles. You can even have them custom made for your specific need. So, after making a purchase, you definitely want to know how to store wigs to ensure it’s longevity.
Given these points, this article is about how to store wigs in addition to methods of storage.
If not being worn, wigs should be stored in order to keep their original look. Furthermore, they should not be exposed to sunlight, dust, and air. Here are several options to store your hairpieces:
- High-end wigs usually come in nice boxes. These boxes are generally stackable, allowing you to easily organize your wigs for easy access.
- For wigs without a box, fold your wig in half from ear to ear. Then, put tissue inside the wig cap to help hold its shape. Next, insert the wig into a clean plastic bag. This is also a great travel tip to save space and reduce your luggage pieces.
- If you change wigs often, a wig stand is an ideal storage option.
- You can use a sturdy shoe to not only store your wigs, but also organize multiple wigs.
- Airtight plastic containers are also good options for wig storage. Simply label each container with the colors and names of the wigs for easy grab-and-go.
- Another option is collapsible wig stands. They not only use little space, but they’re great for travel. This option also allows your wig to flow naturally, thus keep its style.
- Styrofoam heads are affordable, as well as lightweight. Due to the fact it’s shaped like a human head, your wig will keep its shape.
Albeit all the above options work, for custom made wigs, using wig boxes and cases look more professional. And they generally have the optimal amount of interior storage space.
Tips For Storing Your Wig
When storing your wig, here are a few things to remember:
- Wash your wig before storing it.
- Ensure there are no tangles or dampness to the wig.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight and heat. Sunlight and heat will dull the color and breakdown hair fibers.
- If storing on heads or stands, make sure they’re protected from pets, children, and dust.
If you need a storage container for your wig, give us a call at (619) 820-0290. Whether you purchased your wig from us or somewhere else. You can also visit our hair salon in Solana Beach for pick up.